At a Glance
Welcome to St. John Catholic School!
Christ-Centered Learning, Christ-Modeled Love
Thank you for your interest in St. John Catholic School, the only Catholic school in Carroll County. We invite you to look carefully at our school and learn more about us. For over 150 years we have been educating students in Carroll County. We proud to provide a safe, nurturing environment and serve children in grades Pre-K3 through 8th. The mission of St. John Catholic school is to inspire all students to become Disciples of Christ through an engaging, nurturing and exemplary education-one child at a time. Our academic programming is child-centric, allowing each student to develop his/her full potential. Our 21st Century curriculum standards provide the students for success in our ever-changing world. We are equipped with state of the art technology including interactive white boards in every classroom, Innovation Labs, 3D printers, Ipads, and Chromebooks (Fall 2019) and our technology is integrated throughout our curriculum. St. John School offers a variety of extra-curricular activities for students. There is something for everyone! We welcome you to become part of the St. John family.
Catholic schools in the Archdiocese of Baltimore provide a Christ-centered education that is academically excellent and empowers students to reach their full potential-spiritually, intellectually, physically, socially and morally.
By the Numbers
- 11:1 student to teacher ratio
- 20 students per class on average
- 262 total students
- New Interactive SMART boards in every classroom
- 192 Ipads
- 1:1 Ipad for all students starting in 5th grade
- 150 chromebooks
- 1:1 chromebook program for all students starting in 5th grade
- 1:1 Ipad program for all students in grades 3 and 4
- 100% 8th grade graduation rate
- 100% of the graduating class of 2018 was accepted at their first choice of High School
- 150+ years of excellence in Catholic education.
High Schools Attended by St. John School graduates:
All Boys Catholic High Schools:
- Archbishop Curley High School, Baltimore
- Calvert Hall College High School, Towson
- Loyola Blakefield, Towson
- Mount Saint Joseph High School, Baltimore
All Girls Catholic High Schools:
- The Catholic High School of Baltimore
- Institute of Notre Dame, Baltimore
- Maryvale Preparatory School, Lutherville
- Mercy High School, Baltimore
- Mount de Sales Academy, Catonsville
- Notre Dame Preparatory School, Towson
Co-ed Catholic High Schools:
- Westminster High School
- Manchester Valley High School, Manchester, MD
- Winters Mill High School, Westminster, MD
Positive School Environment
To foster a positive school environment where all students are educated in a safe and caring atmosphere, all Archdiocesan schools will follow established procedures for prevention and intervention for bullying, harassment or intimidation.
Positive Behavioral Intervention & Supports (PBIS) has been implemented in every Archdiocesan elementary and high school to enhance academic and social behavior outcomes for all students.
All Archdiocesan high schools and elementary schools are accredited as a system through AdvancED. Every five years, the Department of Catholic Schools completes a system-wide accreditation review, which culminates with a visit by an AdvancED External Review Team. Each school is evaluated based on the National Standards and Benchmarks for Effective Catholic Elementary and Secondary Schools.
St. John School is an Archdiocesan Collaborative School (ACS), which is a model of shared governance developed by the Archdiocese of Baltimore. The ACS model utilizes a shared governance model that fosters unity through the collaboration of stakeholders in support of Catholic schools. The model allows decisions regarding day-to-day school operations to be made at the local level, while individual schools and school administrators are supported centrally from the Department of Catholic Schools and the Catholic Center's Central Services in areas such as academics, finance, development, enrollment management and marketing.