Arts & Music
Through the art program offered through St. John School, students will be able to:
- Understand and apply media, processes and techniques.
- Use knowledge of elements of art and principles of design as well as other fundamental art concepts.
- Choose and evaluate a range of subject matter, symbols and ideas.
- Understand the role of the Visual Arts in relation to history, culture and the Catholic faith.
- Understand and evaluate the characteristics and merits of one's own work as well as the work of others.
- Make connections between the Visual Arts and other disciplines.
The Music program teaches students to:
- Sing alone and with others a varied repertoire of music.
- Perform on instruments, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
- Improve melodies, variations and accompaniments.
- Compose and arranges music within specific guidelines.
- Read and note music.
- Listen to, analyzes and describes music.
- Evaluate music and music performances
- Understand relationships between music, the other arts, and disciplines outside the arts.
- Understand music in relation to history, culture, liturgy and our Catholic Identity