Arts & Music
The Arts & Music Program at St. John Catholic School closely follows the mission of our school which is develop our students intellectually and spiritually as disciples of Christ.
Through the art program offered through St. John School, students will be able to:
- Understand and apply media, processes and techniques.
- Use knowledge of elements of art and principles of design as well as other fundamental art concepts.
- Choose and evaluate a range of subject matter, symbols and ideas.
- Understand the role of the Visual Arts in relation to history, culture and the Catholic faith.
- Understand and evaluate the characteristics and merits of one's own work as well as the work of others.
- Make connections between the Visual Arts and other disciplines.
The Music program teaches students to:
- Sing alone and with others a varied repertoire of music.
- Perform on instruments, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
- Improve melodies, variations and accompaniments.
- Compose and arranges music within specific guidelines.
- Read and note music.
- Listen to, analyzes and describes music.
- Evaluate music and music performances
- Understand relationships between music, the other arts, and disciplines outside the arts.
- Understand music in relation to history, culture, liturgy and our Catholic Identity